Published on: May 12, 2014
By: Valcor Nuclear
The Valcor Nuclear department has created this compact size and low weight 3-way, direct-acting, nuclear-qualified solenoid valve, to be applied primarily as an air pilot control valve in nuclear power plants. It has been designed specifically to prevent the chronic operational problems associated with conventional solenoid valves currently installed in many PWR, BWR and CANDU plants. Valcor Model 70900-98 solenoid valve is ideal for use in host of safety-related, low flow solenoid valve applications. Its cool running, single coil design is both highly reliable and adaptable, offering significant improvements for a variety of applications. The versatility of Valcor’s 70900-98 valve allows for a variety of configurations, including 2-way (one port plugged), normally closed, normally open and universal modes, with AC or DC voltages.
V70900-98 Solenoid Valve Features & Benefits
The principal function of the V70900-98 Solenoid Valve is pressurizing and venting pneumatic diaphragm actuator or air cylinders under extremely harsh and difficult environmental conditions, including different types of chemical sprays.
V70900-98 Solenoid Valve Features
- Compact size and low weight
- Rugged Construction for long life
- Direct acting, with no diaphragm or dynamic O-ring seals (O-rings are used for static seals only)
- Universal operation – normally open, normally closed, selector or diverter modes feasible with same design
- Internal flow path sealing by stainless steel poppets on Vespel polymide seats
- Brass is standard; also available with aluminum and stainless steel options
- Solenoid enclosure is all stainless steel, seal welded construction for NEMA-4-7 compliance (Water tight and explosion proof)
- Class H insulation
- Requires less than 10 watts of power; cool running/plotted coil design
- Valcor’s Related Air Pilot Solenoid Valves