V70900-98 Air Pilot Operated Solenoid Valve
Valcor Nuclear has created this compact size and low weight 3-way, direct-acting, nuclear-qualified solenoid valve, to be used primarily as an air pilot control valve in nuclear power plants. It has been designed specifically to prevent the chronic operational problems associated with conventional solenoid valves currently installed in many PWR, BWR and CANDU plants. Valcor Model 70900-98 is ideal for use in host of safety-related, low flow solenoid valve applications. It’s cool running, single coil design is both highly reliable and adaptable, offering significant improvements for a variety of applications. The versatility of Valcor’s 70900-98 valve allows for a variety of configurations, including 2-way (one port plugged), normally closed, normally open and universal modes, with AC or DC voltages.
- Compact size and low weight
- Rugged construction
- Direct-acting, with no diaphragm or dynamic O-ring seals (O-rings are used for static seals only)
- Universal operation– normally open, normally closed, selector or diverter modes feasible with same design.
- Internal flow path sealing by stainless steel poppets on Vespel polyimide seats.
- Brass is standard; also available in aluminum and stainless steel.
- Mounting brackets available as an option
- Solenoid enclosure is all stainless steel, seal welded construction for NEMA-4,-7 compliance (Water tight and explosion proof)
- Class H Insulation
- Requires less than 10 watts of power; cool running/potted coil design.
- Can be mounted in any position
It’s principal function is pressurizing and venting pneumatic diaphragm actuator or air cylinders under extremely harsh environmental conditions, including chemical spray.
Category: Valcor Nuclear