Air Pilot Operated Solenoid Valve – V13300-27
Valcor Nuclear, a division of Valcor Engineering Corporation, has created this high flow capacity 4-way, pilot operated, nuclear qualified, solenoid valve of gate type design, specifically to prevent the chronic operational problems associated with conventional solenoid valves currently installed in many CANDU type plants. Valcor Model V13300-27, the 2-position, single coil valve is ideal for use in a host of safety related nuclear applications including the PWR and BWR plants where the principal function is to control double acting pneumatic cylinders, such as operation of safety injection system valves. Series V13300-27 valves feature a 3-way pilot solenoid that is positioned to allow good heat dissipation to the ambient and its isolation from the main valve body. The single coil, cool running solenoid is both highly reliable and adaptable.
- Compact size, low weight and rugged construction are special characteristics; can replace outdated valves in most cases
- Pilot operated “floating seal” gate type valve for internal flow path sealing
- Available in brass body as standard; also in stainless steel as an option
- Solenoid enclosure is all stainless steel, seal welded construction for NEMA-4, -7 compliance (water tight and explosion proof
- Coil requires less than 20 watts of power; cool running/potted design and Class H insulation
- Powered with 48 VDC standard; 120 VAC/125VDC voltages are available
- Maintenance free. Coil replacement in the field can be made without disturbing in-line piping
- Qualified life – 40 years for coil.
These high flow 4-way air pilot valves are used to mainly operate a double acting cylinder or diaphragm operator which requires pressure to drive it in either direction.
Category: Valcor Nuclear