Air Pilot Solenoid Valve V70900-65
Valcor Nuclear has created this compact size and low weight 3-way, direct-acting, balanced poppet, nuclear-qualified solenoid valve, to be used as pilot operators on control valve in nuclear power plants. It has been designed specifically to prevent the chronic operational problems, associated with conventional solenoid valves currently installed in many PWR, BWR and CANDU plants. Valcor Model 70900-65 is ideal for use in host of safety-related, moderate flow solenoid valve applications. It’s cool running, single coil design is both highly reliable and adaptable. Its versatility offers significant improvements for a variety of applications and configurations, including 2-way (one port plugged), normally closed, normally open and universal modes, with AC or DC voltages.
- Compact size, low weight and rugged construction are special characteristics; can replace outdated valves in most cases.
- Direct-acting, balanced poppet, with no diaphragms
- Universal operation– normally open, normally closed, selector or diverter modes feasible with same design.
- Internal flow path sealing by O-ring poppets on metal seats
- Brass is standard; also available in aluminum and stainless steel
- Mounting brackets available as an option
- Solenoid enclosure is all stainless steel, seal welded construction for NEMA-4,-7 compliance (Water tight and explosion proof), CSA Electrical Safety Approval
- Class H Insulation
- Coil requires less than 10 watts of power; cool running/potted coil design.
It’s principal function is pressurizing and venting pneumatic diaphragm actuator or air cylinders under extremely harsh environmental conditions, including chemical spray. These valves may also be used on compressors and turbines.
Category: Nuclear Air Pilot Solenoid Valves