Sr. Design Engineer
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Sr. Design Engineer
||Director, Aerospace Engineering
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
- Vacation, PTO , 11 holidays and generous tuition reimbursement.
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
Performs engineering valve design functions for the development of new products and for the modification of existing products, in accordance with corporate strategic plans.
- Design and develop prototype models and methods to validate design concepts and final design including required supporting engineering calculations.
- Validate design with team members and approve design changes.
- Report progress and unusual project occurrences to the Engineering Manager or Project Engineer.
- Confer, work closely and obtain the necessary results with manufacturing, quality assurance, production, vendors and contractors regarding the various aspects of product design projects.
- Work with engineering support groups to check final designs and modify designs as appropriate.
- Interact with all company support departments to resolve manufacturing problems and to improve product quality and the ease of manufacturing.
- Keep abreast of technological developments and opportunities in the field to assist with incorporating design innovations.
- Visit customer sites and contractors to validate product design specifications and to resolve product problems.
- Prepare project time reports as scheduled.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
|Skills / Qualifications
- Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering, or related engineering degree.
- 7+ years of design engineering experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Open/creative thinker; is an Ideas generator.
- Self starter, organized and capable of working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Self directed and establish own priorities to meet needs of organization
- Able to operate independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prepare design drawings using AutoCAD and SolidWorks software and support design with calculations using MathCAD software.
- Strong understanding of geometric tolerance techniques based on ANSI Y14.5M-1994
- Fluid handling device engineering (valves, pumps etc.) a plus.
If you’re ready for a challenge and would like to be a part of a growing team, please submit your resume for consideration.