Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
This position is no longer available
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
|| As Shipping and Receiving Supervisor this person must have a basic understanding of all the jobs within the department to supervisor department employees, evaluate their performance and to fill-in for employee absences, illness, vacation and disability as well as in times increased business requirements and emergencies. The Shipping and Receiving supervisor ensures that daily department priorities are met, monitors adherence to department processes/ procedures, as well as ensuring that departmental supplies are on hand to support the daily operations. Must demonstrate an attention to detail in supervising department functions.
- Ensures items on the daily ship list are shipped that day.
- Has an in depth understanding of the company’s operating system (Epicor), to research and resolve issues within the department and throughout the business.
- Supervises department employees to assure they are following department processes and working on priority jobs, such as pulling jobs for the lab, material movement, shipping, receiving. Resolves employee issues relating to the specific jobs and addresses performance issues.
- Resolves issues in receiving to ensure incoming products are processed in an efficient manner.
- Manage the storage of finished products and components and organizes the shipping and receiving area.
- Manages daily logistics activities including labeling, packaging, preparation of bill of lading; and the contacting of carriers to arrange for transportation of shipments.
- Evaluates procedures and makes recommendations on personnel actions, equipment usage or other improvements that may better the overall effectiveness of the department.
- Reviews department reports and bring variances to the attention of department management; capable of resolving basic issues in the department.
- Ensures the department has the supplies necessary to operate daily; and files shipments with AES and customer portals.
- Trains existing and new employees, and has the ability to backup any department position if required.
- Interacts with organizational team members and other department personnel in a professional manner, and works with other departments to ensure a timely response to customer requirements.
- Adheres to all safety regulations.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner, and arrives at work, meetings, and appointments on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Mental agility, the ability to grasp problems quickly and assess the situation
- Requires basic computer skills
- Must be organized in performing daily responsibilities
- Is hazmat trained to ship dangerous goods
- Read and interpret blueprints to have shipping crates made.
|Requisite Skills Required
- Ability to manage people
- Resolve problems as they arise
- Ability to work extra hours and weekends
|Equipiment / Machinery Used
- Electric and hand pallet jack
- Stand-up riding tow tractor
|| Lifting up to 50lbs regularly and 75lbs occasionally, pushing, pulling, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual acuity, and computer keyboarding.