Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
Plan, direct, manage and coordinate quality and reliability requirements throughout the company. Has direct responsibility exercised for inspection and quality control functions and the audit of other departments by quality assurance. Reports the status, adequacy and results of the quality functions to the QA Director. Has authority to limit or stop work. Plan, direct manage and coordinate quality assurance and control engineering functions to ensure product reliability, conformance to engineering and customer specifications, etc.
- Through delegation of authority and responsibility to subordinates, maintain satisfaction as to quality through internal and external inspection services, relative to raw materials, finished items purchased, production operations and processes. Personally, conduct and/or supervise studies to determine cause, effect and the corrective measures required to remedy deviations impairing desirable standards of quality.
- Confer with and in conjunction with engineering and manufacturing personnel, resolve problems relative to product designs, specifications, materials, tooling and production operations affecting quality.
- Personally, conduct and/or supervise investigative procedures having to do with customers’ complaints; advise the contracts department on technical matters relative to such complaints.
- Review aircraft/aerospace customers P.O.’s and specs and establish quality plan as required.
- Participate in design review and drawing procedure approved to ensure that quality requirements are established.
- Monitor fabrication, inspection, testing through internal audits to ensure that established quality requirements are implemented including certification of personnel.
- Training of key personnel who perform quality-related activities.
- Control of non-conforming material.
- Monitor quality trend. Take or cause corrective action to be taken to prevent recurrence of non-conforming condition.
- Oversee vendor qualification and vendor performance monitoring.
- Review other governing quality standards and revise aircraft QAM as required.
- Conduct training sessions to keep department personnel informed on procedures, methods, use of equipment and other quality control techniques.
- Either through subordinates or directly, maintain satisfaction of the department’s requirements in the areas of staffing, orientation, communications and compliance with company policies and related regulations.
|Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in the quality assurance and control areas.
- Knowledge of both commercial aircraft and aerospace regulations and procedures.