Production Lab Supervisor
This position is no longer available
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Production Lab Supervisor
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
We offer an excellent Benefit Package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription, Flexible Spending and 401K Plan
Vacation, PTO, 11 holidays and generous tuition reimbursement
Actively take part and direct the work, people and results in a sometime repetitive standardized assembly unit; train technicians; set goals, organize, assign and take part in work, maintain productive and motivational climate.
- Responsible for product quality, workmanship and methods applications, economical manufacturing costs, production schedules and general departmental administration consistent with the Company’s manufacturing objectives and profit goals.
- Plan operations, utilization of employee abilities, material and work flow to assure timely production and quality standards.
- Organize and assign work; instruct, guide and otherwise assist employees in the performance of their work.
- Anticipate production problems, e.g. unavoidable delays, material shortages, equipment malfunctions, etc., and where feasible, devise and implement procedures to offset loss of man-hours and schedule interruptions.
- Diagnose tooling and equipment malfunctions, expedite and coordinate repairs or replacement to avoid excessive downtime.
- Police use of safety devices and equipment, supervise departmental housekeeping and maintain constant alert for hazardous conditions and practices.
- Participate in employee relations at the level stated in the labor contract or in accordance with Company Policy and directives.
- Assist and provide recommendations concerning procedures, personnel, equipment or other improvements that may better the overall effectiveness of the company.
- Work within the team to ensure accurate and timely response to customer requirements.
- Provide information and otherwise collaborate with the Department Manager on matters that effect cost reduction, work simplification, production scheduling, man-hour planning, etc.
- Oversee the daily operation, guide and assist employees in the performance of their jobs.
|Skills / Education
- Requires high school and/or vocational school graduate. Industrial Arts course preferred to include subjects such as mechanical drawing, shop practices, etc.
- Minimum of 5 yrs. Experience is required to include time in related preparatory classifications to become familiar with products, methods and techniques employed in assembly operations and essential to qualify technically for supervisory responsibilities.