This position is no longer available
Product Manager – Aerospace
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Product Manager – Aerospace
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
|Roles & Responsibilities
- Monthly, quarterly, yearly execution of customer commitments.
- 100% OTIF to all customer commitments.
- Partnering with the operations team and WC owners to ensure parts are moving through facility in accordance with or ahead of schedule.
- Communicating execution risks and opportunities to Leadership.
- Ensuring that appropriate risk mitigation plans are in place at the start of execution (ie: planning orders, yield factors, enlisting manufacturing engineering involvement, etc).
- Document lessons learned and opportunities for manufacturing improvements for any subsequent orders.
- Coordination of all necessary resources (quality, manf engineering, design engineering, to ensure that all the necessary players have the information to move forward seamlessly.
- Drive rapid resolution of ECO’s, EO’s and MRB for development parts.
- Proactive planning to identify when we should be outsourcing vs. insourcing parts in order to reduce overall lead time and risk to execution.
- Work with engineering and operations to drive cost improvement projects to ensure gross margin targets are achieved for hardware deliverables.
- Produce hardware execution schedules to provide to management and/or customers as required.
- Maintaining accurate data in ERP system to include commit dates, open/active orders, quantities, etc.
- Drive a culture of accountability, attention to detail and strict adherence to Valcor Personal Guarantee Program and Quality Management System.
- Responsible for performance management and overall safety of any direct reports.
- 5-10 years’ of production planning experience in an engineered to order Automotive or Aerospace production environment or heavily regulated environment.
- 3 + years as a Supervisor or Team Leadership role.
- Exceptional Multi-tasking skills required.
- Knowledge of AMS 2680/2681 welding with associated NDT requirements is a plus.
- MRP/ERP experience with either SAP or Epicor is desired.
- Ability to create and maintain MS project Schedules is required.
- Demonstrated Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively to leadership in both a verbal and non-verbal manner.
- Ability to drive process improvements and cultural change, be a change agent.
- Ability to identify risk and develop plans to mitigate.
- PMP or APICS Certification a plus.