Valcor Engineering is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace and military fields. We specialize in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical application in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
||Planner – Aerospace
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
||Valcor is looking for a Planner to develop production plans and/or schedules as required based on contractual commitments to customers. The successful candidate will review sales orders for spare parts, complete assemblies and engineered solutions\projects to identify materials required, and to facilitate the on-time shipment of finished product to our customers.
|Roles & Responsibilities
- Review Sales Orders to Identify Customer Specified Contractual Requirement for Part Numbers Ordered, Delivery, Quality and Other Miscellaneous Stipulations.
- Identify material requirements as specified by Engineering B/P’s, Bills of Material (BOM) and Assembly Specifications.
- Compile and prepare material requirement Plan’s in the form of Microsoft Project Reports, when required.
- Prepare orders for inventory; issue requisitions for new and special-order materials, make/buy activities to determine if in-house and/or subcontract machining of parts, etc.
- Plan, enter, schedule and prepare production work order packages; correlate planning and provide preliminary information with the Machine Shop; compile and prepare material requirement orders for inventory; in support individual components and complete assembly procurement.
- Responsible for reviewing and verifying Shop Order specifications, detail routings, number of pieces, release date, shipping date, etc. for released Work Orders.
- Revise and reschedule orders to compensate for rush order priorities, material shortages, vendor rejections and/or failure to deliver to Plan or customer cancellations. Establish manufacturing lead time on regular orders to meet delivery commitments.
- Communicate and/or prepare reports to keep the Sales Department posted on order status to facilitate accurate and timely responses to Customer inquiries.
- Maintain reference files and records pertinent to Project, standard work standard work and miscellaneous procedures.
- Work closely with the Production Control Manager, Contracts, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Control to achieve production goals and conformance with delivery date commitments and customer requirements.
- Give special attention to rush order priorities, schedule and changes affecting regularly scheduled Production to avoid confusion and extended delays. Report irregularities to the Production Control Manager and assist in corrective measures.
- When required, route and expedite materials, components, blueprints, etc., in and between Departments to conform to scheduled manufac¬turing routings and assembly operations to insure an uninter¬rupted. Flow of materials.
- Responsible for accurate planning data in ERP system.
|Education, Skills and Requirements
- 3-5 years of production planning experience in an Automotive, Aerospace or Manufacturing production environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering is preferred.
- Familiarity with Production control systems, products, components and materials, manufacturing procedures, etc.
- MRP/ERP experience with either SAP or Epicor is desired.
- APICS Certification a plus.
- Ability to identify process improvements or identify risk and work with leadership to enact, resolve or mitigate them with leadership.
- Ability to partner with the operations teams to ensure parts are moving through facility in accordance with or ahead of schedule.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Experience with MS Project desired.