Mechanical Design Engineer (Reverse Engineering)
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Mechanical Design Engineer (Reverse Engineering)
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
- Participate in reverse engineering, design, release and certification of mechanical components and assemblies
- Perform reverse engineering analysis of inspection and testing results to specify dimensions and appropriate tolerances and materials for component parts
- Research, evaluate, and test mechanical products and systems
- Review designs for accuracy, functionality, and manufacturability
- Use knowledge of aircraft structure, materials, strengths and properties, design criteria, loading condition and processes (e.g. non-destructive testing, corrosion prevention, fatigue)
- Coordinate component and material testing and analysis
- Provide technical solutions for a wide range of fluid control components
- Work independently to analyze, interpret, and translate source data into the product
- Create test plans, procedures, and test reports as part of the component development process and compliance to FAA PMA or DoD SAR requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree – Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering required
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in reverse engineering
- Experience in aftermarket support
- Experience with PMA, SAR and other aircraft component certification including DER approved repair processes preferred
- Experience with SolidWorks is a plus
- Experience reviewing and approving drawings, specifications, and work instructions
- Stress analysis, strength/structural analysis, and physical testing experience preferred
- Experience with standard drawing convention, geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T), and design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Knowledge of aerospace standards and specifications related to PMA and SAR requirements
- Experience preparing quality plans, procedures, inspection instructions and training
- Experience overseeing lab testing and interpreting results preferred