This position is no longer available
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
We offer an excellent Benefit Package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription, Flexible Spending and 401K Plan
Vacation, PTO, 11 holidays and generous tuition reimbursement
||Plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes. Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, lean tools and quality control standards
||Coordinate engineering and technical procedures to produce the most economical manufacturing methods to accomplish optimum utilization of machines, tooling, equipment, facilities, quality and timely production.
||Work closely with Tool Engineering, Production Control and Manufacturing to provide engineering, technical and other advice and information relative to the design of tools, routing, methods and applications prescribed. Work with and assist Shop Scheduler/ Coordinator to solve manufacturing problems. Work with Engineering to facilitate drawing changes to improve ease of component manufacture.
- 50%: Support machine shop operations.
- 25%: Develop continuous improvement and lean manufacturing process / methods.
- 25%: Develop documentation of processes in the production area. Revise existing and create new documents.
- Strong understanding of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing tools. Capable of utilizing these tools in developing manufacturing processes and cells.
- Assist with automatic machine CNC prove outs and develop or recommend ways and means of correcting deviations and resolving problems relative to programming.
- Supervise the formulation of cost estimates and analyze actual operations costs to determine reasons for variances. Audit work performed by subordinates to assure compliance and consistency with established method standards. Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to insure efficient production methods.
- Confer with management engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Conduct continuous study projects on established methods to effect work simplification, tooling improvements, tooling requirements, work flow, reliability of equipment, etc. for purpose of manufacturing efficiency.
- Develop, review and/or approve operation sheets for conventional CNC equipment to include both in-house and vendor production.
- Review drawings for correct application of latest specifications. Also make recommendations relative to manufacturability of components and apply good value engineering practices for cost reduction purposes.
- Design complete fixtures for machining and Assembly Test Requirements
|Position Requirements (musts)
- BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or the technical equivalent.
- Min 5 years of manufacturing engineering in a high precision, machine shop environment.
- Solid project engineering, team and communication skills
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced, medium sized Co. environment
- Results oriented and ability to motivate employees through examples
|Position Expectations (nice to have)
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on machining experience with related equipment
- Programming experience with CNC machine/robots using MasterCAM or similar software
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing – Green Belt certification
- Some experience with ISO regulations