Manager, Quality Engineering
This position is no longer available
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Manager, Quality Engineering
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
||The Manager, Quality Engineering oversees the design, measurement, analysis, improvement and control of the appropriate inspection techniques, processes, gauging and requirements to maintain and improve the quality of manufactured components and finished products at Valcor Engineering.
- Evaluate, improve and implement quality processes and techniques.
- Perform internal audits, inspections and root cause investigations.
- Work hands-on with machining, assembly, test and inspection to understand how the hardware is processed.
- Perform internal and supplier quality surveys and audits, as required.
- Oversee corrective action implementation.
- Review and Approve Engineering changes and MRB dispositions
- Manage investigative procedures on customer complaints and advise Quality Management on technical matter complaints; work with customer representatives to solve problems relative to complaints.
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing, Production Control, Quality Assurance and other business entities for process improvement.
- Writes protocols and performs validations / testing of new / improved materials, processes and finished goods.
- Evaluating integration of new or upgraded equipment.
- Perform departmental administrative functions, e.g. employee performance appraisals, wage and salary administrative procedures, etc.
- Comply with company policies and practices, administer work rules and regulations.
- Must adhere to all safety regulations and best practices.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Arrives to work on time, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College graduate with a degree in engineering, or equivalent actual experience, with additional training in areas such as Quality Assurance, Quality Control and shop inspection practices.
- Deep understanding of ISO9100C. (NQA-1 and ASME a plus)
- 7-10 years of experience, with 2-4 years of supervisory experience, in various engineering phases, production and/or manufacturing engineering, quality control and reliability engineering.
- Seasoned manager with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- ASQ Certification and/or experience with lean manufacturing techniques and the use of Six Sigma tools is desired.
|Requisite Skills Required
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Inspection techniques, processes and equipment knowledge and practical capability to include;
- Inspection Sampling
- 5 WHYS
- Through contact with professional organizations, educational institutions, and the reading of text books, periodicals and technical papers, keep abreast of new developments on quality control and related procedures.
- Work closely with Supply Chain, Product and Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing and Inspection Personnel on procedural opportunities involving design, methods, tooling, costs, and other areas involved in the control of product quality.
- Act as a liaison between company, customers and suppliers.
- Escort/accompany visitors while in building and to off-site test labs to insure conformity with audit procedures and specifications.
||Various Quality tools and techniques required, plus the use of calibration tools and gauges including CMM and like equipment. Computer equipment and MS Office Suite software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
||Lifting up to 25lbs regularly, manual dexterity, visual acuity and typing.