Manager, Manufacturing Engineer
This position is no longer available
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Manager, Manufacturing Engineer
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
||Directs the organizations overall manufacturing processes. Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, lean tools and quality control standards.
||7 – 10
||8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, M-F
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Work with Engineering, Production Control, Quality Assurance and other business entities to create robust, easy to understand assembly instructions for dissemination and ensure efficient production methods.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and routing and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Create accurate time estimates for production steps involved with jobs.
- Perform departmental administrative functions, e.g. employee performance appraisals, wage and salary administrative procedures, etc.
- Works with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Consults with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Comply with company policies and practices, administer work rules and regulations.
- Must adhere to all safety regulations and best practices.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Arrives to work on time, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering (Mechanical or Industrial Engineering Preferred), or equivalent actual experience.
- 7-10 years of manufacturing engineering experience, with 2-4 years of supervisory experience required.
- Must have experience with SolidWorks or similar CAD software.
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience desired with some ISO regulations experience.
- Previous ERP experience is desired.
- GD&T experience required.
- Fluid Control experience is highly desired.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints is required.
- Technical Writing experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
|Requisite Skills Required
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Through contact with professional organizations, educational institutions, and the reading of text books, periodicals and technical papers, keep abreast of new developments on quality control and related procedures.
- Work closely with Supply Chain, Product and Quality Engineering, Manufacturing and Inspection Personnel on procedural opportunities involving design, methods, tooling, costs, and other areas involved in production.
- Act as a liaison between company, customers and suppliers.
||Computer equipment and MS Office Suite software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). SolidWorks CAD software and ERP.
||Lifting up to 25lbs regularly, manual dexterity, visual acuity and typing.