Inventory Control Manager
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Inventory Control Manager
||Conducts, daily, inventory analysis to solve inventory problems. Develops and implements inventory control procedures. Trains and manages a team of inventory control staff.
- Support setting and meeting inventory goals.
- Update inventory systems with timely and valid information when necessary.
- Lead the planning/organization of physical inventories.
- Manage inventory tracking system component of Epicor.
- Act as a liaison to other departments (Planning/Purchasing/Production/Project Management/Customer Service Quality).
- Conduct and report on inventory cycle counts.
- Report on inventory activities and variances.
- Conduct and report on inventory cycle counts
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practices.
- Facilitate improvements to workflow by evaluating current systems interactions adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures.
- Space Management: manage shelve organization, space allocation and proper storage of inventory across the building.
- Ensure proper stock rotation according to shelf life.
- Manage all associates reporting to the position so to effectively recruit, train evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their, activates, performance, and safety.
- Monitor and coach associates on productivity pace and methods. Provide timely and ongoing feedback on performance-related matters to encourage good performance and safe work methods.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is perferred but not required.
- 5 plus years in prior experience in inventory, distribution and operational procedures.
- 4 year Supply Chain degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with people from all levels and departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to use computers and software such as Microsoft Office Suite and Epicor ERP.
- Strong basic math background and aptitude.
- High attention to detail, excellent planning and organizing skills, excellent follow up skills and willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into the problems.
- APICS certification a plus.
||Lifting up to 25lbs regularly and 50lbs occasionally, pushing, pulling, standing for long periods of time, manual dexterity, visual acuity, and typing.