Valcor Engineering is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace and military fields. We specialize in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical application in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
- Familiarity with general manufacturing methods and processes. Hands on machine shop experience a plus.
- Subcontracting/purchasing experience of machined parts and outside processes would be helpful. Some understanding of the practices involved with quoting and ordering custom parts to print would be helpful.
- Some blue print reading is required but the candidate does not need to be an engineer or a machinist, although either would be desirable.
- Good excel spreadsheet skills, and general Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Experience with proposals for government jobs that require certified TINA compliant cost and pricing data would be a plus.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task as the position requires responding to multiple internal customers in a timely manner.
- Previous estimating experience, a plus.
- Ability to search both inside our organization and outside it to estimate unknowns that arise during the estimating process. Examples would be to seek out a supervisor of an area for their input or to find a new vendor source to quote some particular new process that might be encountered.