Director, Supply Chain
This position is no longer available
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Director, Supply Chain
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
||Directs the organizations overall supply chain management strategy and day to day operations, including purchasing and inventory of raw materials, selection and evaluation of vendors, and distribution of finished goods.
- Directs the activities of all functions involved in the planning, purchasing, warehousing and control of materials from receiving forecasted replenishment needs to the delivery of the finished products to customer(s).
- Understands customer needs and delivers the product exactly as designed.
- Evaluates, audits and selects vendors.
- Builds and maintains a good working relationship with customers, management and the supply chain team to deliver on the organization’s objectives.
- Evaluates past performance data to forecast needs and production levels.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to supply chain activities.
- Identifies and executes on year over year cost savings strategies in both direct and indirect buys.
- Develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations to include the identification and execution of Long Term Agreements with critical commodity suppliers.
- Ensures that issues regarding new/existing products are resolved in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Performs departmental administrative functions, e.g. employee performance appraisals, wage and salary administrative procedures, etc.
- Comply with company policies and practices, administer work rules and regulations.
- Must adhere to all safety regulations and best practices.
- Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Arrives to work on time, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field, or equivalent actual experience.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in purchasing and materials management roles.
- 2-4 years of direct management experience in a regulated environment e.g. aerospace, nuclear, medical device, automotive etc.
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills are required.
|Requisite Skills Required
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
- Previous ERP experience a must.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints is highly desired.
- Experience managing supply chain of raw material through machined parts is highly desired.
- Through contact with professional organizations, educational institutions, and the reading of text books, periodicals and technical papers, keep abreast of new developments in supply chain and related disciplines.
- Experience working within an AS9100 or ISO9001 or similarly regulated environment is highly desired.
- Works closely with Quality, Product and Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing and Inspection Personnel, as well as the Planning and Scheduling organizations on areas involved in the supply chain.
- Acts as liaison between company and vendors.
||Computer equipment and MS Office Suite software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
||Lifting up to 25 lbs regularly and manual dexterity, visual acuity and typing.