Director of Manufacturing
This position is no longer available
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Director of Manufacturing
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
||We are seeking a Director of Manufacturing to become an integral part of our team. You will coordinate and oversee the organization’s daily operations of 6 product families spanning the military aerospace, nuclear, and commercial aircraft industries. He/She will oversee management of all areas of manufacturing to include Production Assembly & Test, as well as New Product Introduction into Manufacturing. This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Drive day to day execution within the manufacturing operations with a bias towards action, customer satisfaction and 100% delivered quality
- Provide daily leadership to the team of managers, engineers and technicians on manufacturing optimization and efficiency improvements
- Partner with leadership to determine core competencies of internal capabilities, outsource operations which are not aligned with company direction and increase capacity for those operations which represent the largest customer value
- Partner with engineering to ensure smooth New Product Introduction to manufacturing as well as ensuring design for manufacturability is built into new product designs going forward
- Using lean methodologies and effective change management, relentlessly drive waste out of daily operations (to include product assembly & test) as well as identify opportunities to reduce scrap and rework costs on the floor
- Identify long term plan for operation automation and manage capital expenses to execute to plan
- Develop and establish metrics as needed to increase and incentive employees. Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
- Business Acumen
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Presentation Skills
- Supervisory Responsibility
|Required Education And Experience
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, Engineering Manufacturing, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology, Manufacturing Systems/ scheduling software, processes and principles is preferred