Director, Contract Management
This position is no longer available
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Director, Contract Management
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
- Contract management life cycle from proposal review through contract preparation, negotiation and execution of all purchase order and contracts awarded to the company.
- Reviewing and negotiating complex legal and business issues.
- Reviewing proposals, evaluating compliance with requirements and regulations, maintaining communication to ensure timely execution, and analyzing contract documents.
- Developing and executing non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), terms and conditions, and modification requests.
- Settling disputes regarding contract interpretation, conditions or compliance with legal requirements.
- Providing oversight and guidance in the contract change process, developing strategies for negotiation in alignment with company objectives and leading negotiations for complex contracts.
- Demonstrates empowerment, ownership, and accountability throughout all phases of the administration of the contract.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for customers on contractual matters by providing redlined recommendations on customer proposed terms and conditions.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for negotiation of terms and conditions directly with customer’s attorneys or customer’s supply chain staff until consensus has been reached.
- Provides contract administration for assigned proposals and contracts including regular interfacing with customers, leading negotiations, and contract interpretation.
- Provides guidance on contract matters to Sales, Program Management, Finance and Customer Service and other departments as needed in contracting practices and procedures.
- Ensures that the company is in compliance with FAR, DFAR and ITAR regulations.
- Maintains contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other contractual related documents for all projects.
- Develops and implements procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy.
- Works with Finance to ensure adherence to federal regulations.
- Supports Marketing to ensure company products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions.
- Ensures that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, flow-down requirements and interpretation to support implementation.
- Keeps current on new laws and proposed legislation, and interpret the potential impact on current and future contracts.
|Education & Skill Requirements
- Juris Doctor (JD) / Law degree from an accredited law school.
- In-depth experience in contract law, formation and negotiation of commercial and government contracts
- In depth knowledge of FAR and DFAR and ITAR regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Aerospace Experience preferred
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering cutting-edge, reliable products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is brought to bear on each and every product. Valcor’s staff takes pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior offerings.
Valcor is much more than just a place to work. Valcor has cultivated a unique environment – called “One Valcor” where employees are both technically challenged and experience the everyday benefits of a successful company in the aircraft, space, and industrial segments. We work hard as the “One Valcor” team and it is demonstrated by our more 60 years of continued success.
Come join our team and experience the rewards of our experience and innovation
Valcor Engineering Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.