Export Compliance / Contracts Manager
This position is no longer available
Valcor specializes in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical applications in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.
Valcor is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields. In fact, almost every airborne vehicle depends on Valcor in some way.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering high-quality, reliable fluid control products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is evident in every valve we manufacture and supply to customers. Valcor’s professional production staffs take pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior products.
Valcor’s strength and reputation are the result of delivering cutting-edge, reliable products to customers with unique and hard-to-handle applications. Our heritage of more than six decades of technical innovation and reliable performance is brought to bear on each and every product. Valcor’s staff takes pride in applying their skills, with the latest technology and equipment, to create truly superior offerings.
Thus, the millions of diverse valves we’ve made have one basic thing in common: QUALITY.
||Export Compliance / Contracts Manager
||Company Sponsored Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Company Matching 401(k)
||Compensation commensurate with experience/education
||Degree in Business or Marketing required. Paralegal or Law Degree desired. Courses in business/contract law and/or export compliance a plus.
Export Compliance: Responsible for overseeing Valcor’s Export Compliance Programs and taking necessary and reasonable steps to ensure the company’s full compliance with U.S. and export control laws.
Contracts: Coordinate all contract functions, provide direction for the development and implementation of effective policies and procedures applicable to the administration of contracts.
- Ensure that the export compliance program is implemented and followed.
- Maintain access to current versions of the ITAR, EAR including lists of restricted parties, including the Denied Parties List, the Entity List, Unverified List and the list of Specially Designated Nationals.
- Coordinate with Shipping, Customer Service, Sales and Marketing, Repairs and company engineers on export compliance.
- Ensure that an export compliance worksheet is completed for each export transaction.
- Determine whether an export license is required, or if a license exception applies, in consultation with outside counsel, if necessary.
- Process export licenses and re-export requests.
- Distribute approved export licenses and other official documents as appropriate.
- Maintain and update Corporate Export Compliance Manual and any other export control materials as necessary.
- Contract outside export compliance counsel when appropriate.
- Maintain records of all export licenses and relevant documentation.
- Report, on a regular basis, to senior management on export practices and compliance.
- Coordinate training and awareness programs of export compliance personnel and other company employees
- Promptly investigate any suspected violation of U.S. export regulations by any employee of Valcor and report such violations to senior management.
- Provide guidance to the Customer Service Contracts Administrator personnel regarding compliance with corporate policy standard business practice/procedures and assure adherence to contractual obligations.
- Review terms and conditions of customer inquiries to provide management with a determination of our ability to comply with and/or the potential cost impact of the various clauses and provisions.
- Participate in the review of proposals to the extent necessary to assure accuracy and compliance with corporate directives.
- Assist the Director of Contracts and take an active role in negotiation and formalization of contracts and agreements with customers and suppliers.
- Direct and approve negotiations of proposals by Sales and Marketing teams for each business unit.
- Monitor and maintain status of major customers (complex, high dollar) proposals and purchase orders.
- Keep abreast of all changes to contract law, concentrating on the ever-changing Government regulations and laws. Advise management of those changes, which have an impact on our corporate policies and procedures.
- Work within the team to ensure accurate and timely response to customer requirements.
- Administer and maintain Non-Disclosure Agreements and database.
- Administer Conflict Minerals, REACh (EU chemical restrictions), ROHS, and other customer required submissions through spreadsheets or hosted portals.